Tuesday, February 2, 2010

circle gatherings





There's something very satisfying about people gathered in a circle. I remember in elementary school when we used to put our desks in a circle, it felt like you could really see everybody. The first picture is by Andrew Wyeth called "Snow Hill" created in 1989. The other is by an artist named Chris Russell who I found on Little Paper Planes. It is titled "Smoke Signals" and was created in 2006. I love the different perspectives the artists used. I can't help but crave a highly detailed drawing/painting aesthetic. I am going to keep working in graphite for now, until I get my drawing skills back, then I can begin to work on the painting skills.

1 comment:

  1. Your post inspired me to pick up my Andrew Wyeth, The Helga Pictures. There certainly is beauty in winter, though that is easy to forget when you are experiencing it!

    ReplyDelete