Thursday, February 11, 2010

rabbit dreams


I have been struggling deciding what I should draw since Sunday. As I post these drawings and painting by other artists I am jealous and really want to continue my work like this as well. In the summer I took a video class at Museum School and my final piece was about a journey follwing a rabbit, (not Alice in Wonderland). My goal if this was to be an exhibition, was to begin with the video and then the rest of the walls would consist of painting of the rest of the journey in which I would be introduced to each of my 12 spirit animals. Let me explain, what I've learned about spirit animals is based on Native American beliefs. They help protect and guide an individual throughout their life. Zack's mom did a reading for me when I was starting out teaching. I think what I should do for my sketches over the next month or so is to draw each of the animals that I discovered in that reading. Eventually I want to incorporate them in a story version and paintings. I can't wait for that but I think I need to start slow. The picture is of one of the cards that I had a very good feeling I was going to get. It is the rabbit card, at the time I was having a lot of strange dreams with a rabbit and it started influencing my art.

No comments:

Post a Comment