Sunday, February 14, 2010

soft bunny years, too cute


I finally feel like I have the drive to create something I care about. Sean was invited to work on a project for his friends artist collective in LA. He encouraged me to make an animation that follows their theme of reconstructing memory. I have been meaning to incorporate the influence of my participation in the YMCA Indian Guides into my artwork. I have found that this might be an outlet for me to deconstruct the memories I had as "Soft Bunny" my Indian Princess name. My close friends in elementary school and I were so enthralled with our experiences that we created our own club called the camping clique, and kept our own "Indian Guides Files." While looking through the file today I found a note that I wrote to my dad. It had to be at least 3rd grade because I signed my name in cursive. I started researching the history of the Indian Guides on the internet and was shocked to see the changes over the past few years. It will take to long to write about it now so I'll keep this post cute and nostalgic.

No comments:

Post a Comment